Tom Bentley (me): Separation
This is my (Tom Bentley) short film pitch I did. The name of my short film is "Separation".My Own Evaluation
I think I did really well with my film pitch, and presented to the rest of class very well, as I was confident and was speaking clearly. I think my story was a really good idea, and I think I came up with a good target audience.Feedback
The first question I was asked was how does the brother know that the girl he mugs down the alley is his long-lost twin sister. So I explained that to the group. Secondly I was asked how I was going to show the separation at birth, so there was suggestion of possibly a narrative in an establishing sequence as he is traveling to work, which was suggested by Mr. Hood.Finally I was asked how I was going to get twenty-five year old actors. So I responded to this by saying maybe getting teachers in the school who are in their high twenty's, who look about twenty-five to film if they have enough time. Someone though in the group suggested making the age lower, to around eighteen, as it would be easier to get actors that age. It would also be a good idea as the mugging, and stealing elements that would be in my film are more associated with youth.
Overall I delivered a fluently well, presented film pitch to the rest of the class, with useful feedback from the group.
Lucy Smith: Puzzle Pieces
This is Lucy Smith's film pitch that she did. The name of her short film is "Puzzle pieces".Evaluation
We liked the idea of how Lucy called it an "Indie" styled film where boy meets girl in the end. This would of been different to the other short films that we have looked at as it would be in the indie style filters. However, we did think it may be a little too simplistic for us as if we chosen some of the elements they may need to have been changed or made more exciting like that of a short film. The location was another concern as we would have to film in a big city meaning we would have high risk factors of equipment and busy times in a city.Jack Parkes: Replay
This is Jack Parkes' film pitch that he did. The name of his short film is "Replay".Evaluation
The film idea was innovative and would be easy to have a comparison as professional film that in some ways has similar features to the idea that has been pitched. The way in which we could use the shot types to represent the bully getting hit in the film would also be good as we can imply things without showing it. Also the location would be ideal for us to films it is at the school. We did however think that the ending may be a little cliche with the bully getting hit by a car due to the conversion of the nerd's powers which he uses for bad. We would have to consider an alternative ending if we chose this film as we wanted to steer away from cliche.
Charlotte Billingham: The Illusion of Existence
This is Charlotte Billingham's film pitch that she did. The name of her short film is "The Illusion of Existence".
Evaluation
The storyline of this film was great and would be interesting to a wide audience. There wouldn't be a worry to find many actors for this film as there isn't many actors needed in the film. There is a typical twist in the short film which many short films have, which we found when we did research, would be appealing to the audience. The only worry though with this film was the problems we would have with location safety with it being by roads and having to find a specific road that is right for the film and representation of the film.